The holiday season is upon us, are you ready for some uninterrupted time with your friends and family, or better yet is your business ready?
Now that you are your own boss, you don’t get to just count down the days until that scheduled holiday break, set your out-of-office email and leave your computer at your office desk while you head home listening to holiday music.
But it does mean you get to create the holiday break you want and need in order to be present with your family.
It’s all in the planning.
Things to think about while brainstorming and crafting your holiday plan:
- How long will you be taking off?
- Will you still be available for urgent client needs?
- Will your team also be taking time off for the holidays?
- What projects/tasks can you put on autopilot before you set your OOTO response?
Once you have figured out your plan, make sure to share it with your clients so that the know their needs are being met while you are out and there are not any surprises.
For my business, I have customized packages for my clients, meaning that I don’t provide the same service for each client. So I go through my client list and develop a plan for each of them depending the services I provide for them and what their holiday schedule is going to look like.
Once I discuss with each of my clients, I made sure my team is also on board with our holiday plan. Once my clients were taking care of, it was time for me to get my business on autopilot so I can enjoy my family time but make sure my community is still hearing from me.
Below are the parts of my business that pre-planned and put on autopilot:
- My out of office will direct my clients to my cell for immediate assistance
- I update my calendar for consultations so that no one can schedule during my time off
- My social media is planned and scheduled
- My blog posts have been written and set to post
- My newsletters have been scheduled
Since it’s my business, I am sure I will still be checking email or jumping on my social media to share tidbits of our holiday season, but I want to make sure that all my client work and client requests will not be looming over my head when I should be spending time with my family.
Need support in your business? Set up your complimentary consultation by clicking the link below!
Book Your Complimentary Consultation